M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Chilean Huaso Spurs
- This rare and authentic pair of Chilean spurs, or espuelas, are crafted of silvered steel
- They were a gift from Chile to a French ambassador in the late 19th century
- Due to their high number of spokes, they produce a "singing" sound when spun
- These intriguing pieces are extraordinary examples of South American artistry
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The Chilean huasos hold a reverenced position in the rich history of the country. Their endurance and expert horsemanship, marked by the signature sideways gallop, has earned the huaso the great respect of his countrymen for years. In fact, huaso dress, which includes a straw hat, or chupalla, a brightly-colored poncho called a chamanto, a short jacket, loose fitting pants, high boots, and for special events, elaborate stirrups and spurs and a red sash worn around the waist, has come represent Chilean culture in many respects. The spurs have especially come to represent Chilean folkloric traditions.
5” diameter x 9” length
|Type:||Arms and Armor|