M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Paul Frey Miniature Gold and Jade Clock
- This incredible 18K gold and jade clock was created by the renowned Paul Frrey
- Frey was a famed French jewelry designer and manufacturer in Paris
- This stunning objet d'art features a diminutive clock resting upon jade and enveloped in 18K gold
- Frey was known for his innovative designs and won medals at several International Exhibitions
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Renowned for his innovative designs, French jewelry designer and manufacturer Paul Frey were a leading name in the creation of high Art Nouveau jewelry. His superlative workmanship was masterfully combined with the most luxurious materials such as precious stones and metals. Frey's unparalleled creations earned him great prestige, especially at the great International Exhibitions, including his winning of the silver medal at the Exhibition Universelle in 1900 and the gold medal at the Milan exhibition of 1906.
This clock bears the "PF" makers mark for Paul Frey and is signed "GOMPERS PARIS" on the reverse. Several mounts bear the assay mark of the Greek physician's head in a hexagon, indicating it was crafted between 1838-1919 in Paris of 18K gold. The original protective case that accompanies this objet d'art contains a pocket holding the winding key and bears the gold labeling "GOMPERS / Joaillier / 28 Place Vendôme / PARIS / MONTE CARLO / AIX LEX BAINS / DEAUVILLE"
Late 19th to Early 20th Century
Clock: 2" wide x 2" deep x 5 3/8" high
Case: 3 1/2" wide x 4" deep x 8" high