The House of Millet or Maison Millet was founded in 1853 by T. Millet in Paris. Millet was a producer of the finest meubles de luxe from 1853 until 1918, specializing in furnishings designed in the 18th-century taste. The firm won many honors, including the gold medal at the Paris Exhibition Universelle in 1889, the Grand Prix the following year, as well as three Diplomes d' Honneur and four gold medals. The firm's greatest honor came in 1902 when the curator of Versailles Palace authorized Millet to replace Queen Marie Antoinette's celebrated Grand cabinet a bijoux.
2 minute read